We have had to change the date and location of The Cape Homeowners Association meeting because of the venue having storm damage from Hurricane Florence.
- We will be electing two Board of Directors this year.
- We have three neighbors who have volunteered to run for the Board of Director vacant seats.
- Click here to find out more information about the Candidates.
- Voting packets will be mailed out by October 18th so be on the lookout in your mail and send in your proxy vote even if you will be attending the HOA meeting.
This year our Voting and Annual Meeting will take place over two days.
- Saturday, November 17th from 8am to 10:30am Voting at the CHOA Office at 902 the Cape Blvd.
- Sunday, November 18th from 1:00 until 4:00 Annual Meeting at the Courtyard Marriott at 100 Charlotte Ave, Carolina Beach NC.
PLEASE CONTACT THE HOA OFFICE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS 910-395-0081 OR EMAIL AT: CAPEOFFICE@CAPE-HOA.COM
We had over 30 homeowners join us for the "Meet Your Candidate Night" on Tuesday the 16th.
Thank you taking the time to meet the three candidates and your contribution to the night.
The HOA President has put a message on the Resident Tab / Owner News
Waste Industries trash service is on a regular schedule as of Wed, Sept 19.
October Schedule Trash pick up Every Friday.
Recycle-October 12 and 26.
Yard Waste-October 8 and 22
Here is some current information to help with debris cleanup
Debris pick-up started on Monday 9/24 throughout the county. Please be patient and the contractors will come in and clear roadsides.
We do not have an exact date when this will happen.
The Cape HOA does not contract with private contractors to clear roadsides.
- Only Vegetative debris will be picked up.
- Place debris within 5 feet of the curb away from the street.
- Do not place debris in drainage ditches or on top of road grates.
- Keep debris 3 feet away from fire hydrants, street signs, water meters and mailboxes.
- Debris should not be bagged.
- Larger branches should be cut into 12 ft lengths or less.
- If you don't want to wait for the county pick up...You can take your vegetative debris to Veteran’s Park adjacent to Ashley High School next to the retention pond: 835 Halyburton Memorial Pkwy., Wilmington
DO NOT INCLUDE HOUSEHOLD WASTE OR CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS.
It will not be picked up!
Check out the October Calendar for new social gatherings that are happening in the Cape.
Click on The Board/Committee tab then Social Committee and the information is always listing the upcoming social events for The Cape.
Upcoming Cape Events:
- 10/25 CAPE NIGHT OUT at Smoke on the Water Restaurant 6:00 pm. No reservation needed for this event. Come and join the fun!
- 11/17- Annual Meeting Voting Day. Come to the HOA Office at 902 the Cape Blvd from 8:00 am to 10:30 am on Saturday Nov. 17, 2018
- 11/18-Annual Meeting Business Meeting. Sunday Nov 18, 2018 at The Courtyard Marriott. Meeting begins at 1:00 pm. 100 Charlotte Ave, Carolina Beach.
The August/September Newsletter has been added to the website.
The August 2018 CHOA Board's Minutes have been posted on the Website.
The Cape 2018 Assessment was Due January 31, 2018.
Interest will accrue on any unpaid balance at 10% per annum from January 1, 2018.
All outstanding balances as of March 1, 2018 will be liened and back gate access will be turned off.
Please make your payment prior to this date to avoid incurring additional expenses.
Please contact the office if you have any questions.
910-395-0081 or CapeOffice@Cape-HOA.com
Please let the HOA office know if you would like to contribute any news to The Cape Neighborhood on the Website.